Senior Learning Experience Designer
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
We’re looking for a Senior Learning Experience Designer to research and design learner-centric education and blended learning training experiences for Braze’s global customer base and the partner agencies who support them. You’ll join Braze’s Customer and Partner Education team and report to the Manager of Curriculum & Training. Along with a growing team of customer and partner trainers, creative professionals, and learning experience designers, you’ll work to research, scope, design, test, and iterate content.
As a part of your application, please provide a sample of your work or a link to your digital portfolio.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Learning Experience Designer on the Customer and Partner Education team, your role will focus on designing product and marketing education and training experiences that support integration and onboarding of new customers and the ongoing development of customer proficiency in the Braze dashboard. Working alongside a global team of learning experience designers, certification professionals, customer onboarding managers, customer success managers, and training specialists, you’ll play a critical role in scripting and designing blended learning experiences (eLearning + live training), app-based education, train-the-trainer resources, assessments, and feedback surveys.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a skilled instructional designer with experience project managing and driving content development for customer education or partner education, with a focus on technology or marketing subject matter. You’re excited by the prospect of being a key player on new projects, and you relish the challenge of rolling up your sleeves and solving complex problems with cross-functional teams. You’re a proactive, problem-solving thinker and a thoughtful designer who puts the customer at the center of the experience. In addition:
- You have instructional design experience, preferably developing customer-facing online learning or live training
- You have experience working in SaaS or technology
- You’re comfortable leading and managing cross-functional projects
- You are a clear and succinct writer and have experience producing educational multimedia assets (e.g., graphics or videos) from start-to-finish
- You’re a skilled writer who can confidently write about technical concepts and distill complex topics into digestible information
- You have experience working developing customer-facing learning experiences
- You have knowledge of best practices in adult learning, blended learning, and train-the-trainer models
- You’re proficient in competency-based learning path development, but also comfortable with iterative and rapid content design approaches
- You possess a keen ability to connect the impact of your work to customer and business outcomes
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $106,000 and $115,200/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $118,000 and $128,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.